KTM Motorsports has released important details about the KTM RC Cup Racebike that is now available for purchase by participants of the KTM RC Cup, to be held in conjunction with the 2017 MotoAmerica Racing Series.
The KTM RC Cup Series showcases riders between the ages of 14 and 22 years old holding an AMA Superstock Limited license. All riders must race aboard KTM RC Cup bikes. These special motorcycles are designed as race-only competition bikes (not street legal) and have been prepared by KTM with over 40 PowerParts and other enhancements to increase performance on the track. Some of the features include:
- Fully adjustable WP Racing Fork
- Fully adjustable WP Racing Rear Shock with high/low speed compression and rebound damping, adjustable preload and adjustable shock length
- Akrapovič Exhaust
- Racing Windshield, Tail Fairing and Belly Pan
- RC8 R-style Throttle Assembly
- CNC-machined Racing Foldable Levers
- CNC-machined Racing Rear Sets
To maintain competitive parity, the engine is sealed and may only be serviced by KTM’s trackside partner, HMC Racing. Modified street-legal KTM RC 390 bikes will not qualify for participation in the MotoAmerica KTM RC Cup Series but will be allowed in regional racing. KTM’s partnership with HMC Racing will add a benefit to all riders during the racing weekend, as HMC will provide the following services to race participants:
- KTM HMC semi-truck will be present at each event to provide a relaxing hospitality area for participants
- The KTM HMC technicians will provide technical assistance and have parts available for purchase if needed as part of the trackside service program
- KTM HMC technicians will provide a motorcycle safety check on motorcycles prior to the race and will help MotoAmerica regulate the validity of all race units to maintain motorcycle parity throughout the race series
New participants who purchase a KTM RC Cup Racebike between now and March 31, 2017 and enter the MotoAmerica KTM RC Cup will receive the following benefits from program sponsors:
- Synchrony Financial will provide a KTM RC Cup 10 x 10 EZ-Up for new KTM RC Cup Racers to display in the MotoAmerica pits. KTM will ship EZ-Ups directly to participants who have a season-entry to the MotoAmerica Series. All other MotoAmerica participants will receive shipping confirmation on an individual basis.
- Motion Pro will offer each official KTM RC Cup racer the option to purchase Motion Pro products at 50 percent off the retail price up to $1,000. Additionally, Motion Pro will offer contingency to the top three finishers in each MotoAmerica race. A representative from Motion Pro will contact participants after the motorcycle has been warranty registered.
- Motorex will offer a sponsorship package including $500 in Motorex product and a discount on all Motorex product purchased throughout the racing season. A representative from Motorex will contact participants after the motorcycle has been warranty registered.
- GiMoto is offering KTM RC Cup Racers a semi-customizable, made to measure racing suit that is handmade and constructed in Italy at the discounted price. For more details, please see your local authorized KTM dealer.
The KTM RC Cup Racebike is available now. Riders who wish to reserve one will need to visit a participating KTM dealership and provide a copy of their AMA Road Racing Superstock Limited license or license application. RC Cup bikes will be available on a first come, first served basis with limited availability.